The “brick and mortar” casino industry of Curaçao is regulated through licensing and supervision by the Curaçao Gaming Control Board (GCB). The GCB is mandated the authority to issue, revoke and suspend casino licenses on Curaçao. The GCB also has the authority to formulate additional policy for the casino sector and to issue regulation and guidelines as part of the casino license conditions and requirements.
A Casino License can be applied for by downloading, filling in and submitting to the GCB the Casino License Application Form as well as all necessary Personal License Application Forms, including all required documentation.
• Download Casino License Application Form
• Download Personal License Application Form
The GCB has the authority to issue additional regulation for the casino industry. Currently available regulations issued by the GCB:
• Responsible Gaming | GCB-Guideline Responsible Gaming | July 2012
• Sports Betting | GCB-license regulation on Sports Betting | December 2013
• Live Bingo | Regulations for Live Bingo Operations | March 2016
• Card Games / Card Rooms | Regulations for Card Games | March 2016
• AML/CFT | Regulations for Anti-Money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism | August 2016
Exposure drafts for new and improved regulation are under way for a.o. slots, tables, progressives, online slot monitoring systems, security & surveillance, bankroll, casino closure and changeover.
Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) issued by the GCB are aimed at strengthening the internal control processes of the ‘brick and mortar’ casinos. The following MICS are currently available:
• All | Curaçao Minimum Internal Control Standards | October 2010
• Live Bingo | Minimum Internal Control Standards for Live Bingo Operations | March 2016
• Card Games/Card Rooms | Minimum Internal Control Standards for Card Games | March 2016
Exposure drafts for new and improved MICS are under way for a.o.AML/CFT, slots, tables, progressives, online slot monitoring systems, security & surveillance.
GCB Technical Standards
The GCB started the process of issuing technical standards to ensure that only quality products enter the Curaçao gaming market. These standards find their basis in the open source technical standards issued by Gaming Laboratories International (GLI).The following technical standards are currently in effect:
• Live Bingo | Technical Standards applicable for the Curaçao jurisdiction GCB-TS-15:Electronic Bingo and Keno Systems | March 2016
More technical standards for a.o. casino gaming devices, online slot monitoring systems, progressives systems etc. are currently in process.